Saturday, April 26, 2014

Plated Recipes I am excited about for the week of May 19th

Plated has posted their new plates for the week of May 19th.  These are the plates I am looking forward to in the mail.


My first plate with Plated was a salmon dish. I was skeptical about mailing fish but they proved me wrong by sending a couple of beautiful salmon steaks that tasted amazing.  I am really looking forward to this plate because the salad looks delicious. I love making my own salad dressings because they end up tasting such much better than bottled versions.  I am really not looking forward to chopping an onion, though.  Can't Plated figure out a way to ship a chopped onion?  Oh well, I can't wait to pair this with a cheap bottle of white wine.

Black Bean Burgers with Lime Cabbage Slaw


Black bean burgers are my favorite!  I have been living off the frozen versions from Morning Star so I would love to know how I can make my own fresh.  The Cabbage slaw sounds tangy and would be a good side for me to learn how to make to pair with other recipes.  This recipe is also going to introduce me to adobo sauce and sounds like it has a bit of a spicy kick.

Gnocchi with Carrot Top Herb Pesto, Peas, and Green Beans
After my Gnudi disaster, I was afraid that this plate would involve making the gnocchi from scratch but the ingredients state that the gnocci is shipped to you already made.  I may leave out the arugula because it has overpowered some of the other Plated dishes I have made in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment