Saturday, May 3, 2014

Plated Recipes I am excited about for the week of May 26th


Plated just updated their menu with the new plates for the week of May 26th.  I feel bad for my wallet because there are 5 new plates I really want to try.  Here are are favorites ranked in order of of most appealing.

I am a big fan of tofu but I never seem to know what to do with it.  I can't tell you how many tofu packages have gone bad in my fridge while they waited for me to figure out what to do with them.  Greek salads are also high on my fave list so it will be nice to have to a protein to pair with this salad if I ever figure out how to cook on my own without Plated.

Plated has been putting together some really tasty looking pizzas and tarts lately but they haven't been including any type of side with them.  It looks good, but it just doesn't seem like enough food on its own to be a satisfying meal.  I would have to serve this with a salad or vegetable side and that means I would have to go to the grocery store (which I hate).  That doesn't make this plate a good value for the money.  But it just looks too tasty for me to quibble over something like like that.  I could put balsamic vinegar on my shoe and enjoy it.  For this plate, It looks like you are going to have to roll out your own crust which means I have to get a rolling pin.  They also say you can use a water bottle so I maybe I will try that and see how it goes.


I have never breaded fish before, but I bet baking the fish is easier than frying and definitely better for you.  This is made with pollock and comes with romaine hearts and russet potato "chips".  I don't usually see 2 sides come with a plate so this seems like a really well put together meal.

 Leek, Asparagus, and Fava Bean Risotto

Someone over at Plated really likes leeks because you see this ingredient pop up almost every week.  They haven't converted me yet but maybe this plate will.  I am bit skeptical at their 30-40 minute prep time on this plate because the few times I have made risotto it took me much longer.  Overall, this looks like a really good veggie dish and Plated always knocks those out of the park. 


Is Lo Mein made from linguine?  Well it is in this plate. The recipe looks a little light on seasonings to make it flavorful but I have no clue how to cook any type of Chinese food so this would be a great way to start.

If you want to check out Plated, you can get 2 free plates through this link.  By clicking on my Plated links on this blog you will also be supporting my Plated addiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment